I love these Friday link ups with Lauren to share the highlights of my week! I hope you all had a great holiday!!
1) I got to enjoy a late breakfast at my FAVORITE little diner at home with my sister. Two full breakfasts, a side of scrapple (yum!) and our drinks were $13. Can’t beat small town charm!
2) A favorite holiday tradition is getting dressed up for Christmas Eve service and taking pictures with my sister. Love the silly ones!
3) Even though I miss my cat when I’m traveling, you can’t beat snuggling with my adorable dog at home!!
4) Tacky Christmas pajamas. Enough said.
5) My birthday is this weekend!! I can’t wait to celebrate!
Hello, blog followers.
I’m planning to take this week off from blogging, to really embrace the holiday and time with my family. Lately, I find that I take every opportunity I can to photograph things, tweet, or update my Facebook so that i’m staying connected to the world, and have things to blog about. This week, I want to just embrace my life. I have a birthday this week, I get to spend a TON of time with my sister, and I get to catch up with all of my friends.
I can’t wait to come back and tell you all about it – when i’m done enjoying it.
Merry Christmas, everyone, and take some time to enjoy what you have as well!
What a week it has been! I’m excited to be linking up with Lauren again this week to share my highlights from the week!
1. I cannot get enough of these glittery flats I found ON SALE at a department store. Great shoes for under $20? I’m in.
2. I was trying to grow my hair out for the wedding, but I got impatient… and chopped 4 inches off this weekend! I love it!
3. I spent a weekend at home with my mom, and we both got sick. Luckily, moms know how to make the BEST sick day lunches.
4. Save the Dates started arriving in all of my friend’s mailboxes this week – I am loving the responses to them!
5. I am so lucky that I have the opportunity to work from home over Christmas break and just get to enjoy the week ahead ❤
How was your week? Link up with Lauren or let me know in the comments!
Today I’m linking up with Kaitlyn over at Wifessionals and Brittany at This Beautiful Life for a Holiday Cookie exchange! Myself and other bloggers are posting our favorite cookie recipes today, to share and grow our own collections! Be sure to check out their blogs to see some of the other great recipes!
My favorite Christmas Cookie is my mom’s modified Brown Sugar Cookie recipe, with a delicious cream cheese frosting. These cookies are a little bit more work than your typical recipe, but they are worth Every. Single. Bite. She found this in the newspaper a few years ago and we haven’t stopped making them since!
The reason these cookies require so much work is because the dough gets really hard to stir. If you’re lucky enough to have a stand mixer, you’ll be in good shape, but otherwise this is an arm workout! Below are pictures of my mom’s super cute recipe cards, as well as some pictures of the cookie making process!
My mom modifies this by using vanilla paste instead of extract, and doubles the cream cheese in the frosting. Perfection!
The chilled dough
YUMMY cream cheese frosting
The finished product!
We also love peanut butter blossoms and chocolate no bakes (we call them “fudgies”)!! My sister couldn’t be around for our baking weekend this year, so she participated from afar via FaceTime. Below is a picture of the cookie she made in tribute to me.
I hope your holiday cookie baking includes these great cookies this year!